Entytle’s cloud-based software creates highly qualified opportunities for the aftermarket business, driving top-line growth, improved sales cycle time and predictable revenue. With Entytle, aftermarket sales teams have actionable and timely insights into customers’ needs and can close more sales in less time.
How? Our Aftermarket Engagement Platform aggregates and enriches customer data, analyzes customer history and behavior using sophisticated machine learning and statistical analysis, and surfaces actionable customer insights to drive aftermarket revenue growth.
Entytle is a 2016 Red Herring – North America Top 100 Company. The company has funding from Accel Partners, is based in Austin, TX and is hiring awesome, entrepreneurial employees to join the rapidly growing team.
Lead the data science team in delivering innovative but pragmatic solutions to help our customers drive aftermarket sales.
- Work collaboratively with Entytle stakeholders to identify key questions that need to be addressed and then leverage the data science team to deliver required capabilities.
- Design, architect and deliver a well-structured data science platform for research and execution of data and analytics projects.
- Create and maintain an efficient and effective Data Science Team.
The position reports to the VP of Analytics. You will lead the vision, design and development of Entytle’s data science solutions. You will work with other data scientists, engineers and product managers leading the development of innovative data science models (e.g. AI, ML) in support of our installed base sales automation application. Your communication skills will allow you to work closely with our manufacturing-based customers. You will use your agile experience to work with our geographically dispersed teams.
- Meet with external customers and experts to understand business challenges and propose new modeling and algorithmic solutions that leverage the latest in statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Study data sources and find insights/correlation to investigate how data science can be used to solve existing and new business challenges.
- Apply statistical analysis and modeling techniques on small and large datasets to solve specific business problems in the installed base sales automation domain.
- Provide strategic leadership in selection of platform, tools, techniques and processes in the practice of Data Science discipline.
- Work collaboratively with your data science team, engineers, developers and product management to translate business requirements into technical requirements that can be addressed with statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Provide mentorship to other Data Scientists on your team.
- Own and drive contemporary best practices in applying and deploying data science at scale.
- Strong sense of and an ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork, and a willingness to help others.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff members and customers.
- Proficiency in data analysis and programming languages such as SQL, Python, and R.
- 4-8 years hands-on experience in machine learning, statistics or experiment design.
- Master’s Degree required (PhD would be a plus) in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics or a related field with focus on data analysis.
- Expertise in machine learning, statistics, data analysis. Must have an excellent knowledge of advanced methods, and experience in applying those methods to a variety of problems.
- Solid grasp of probability, statistical or mathematical modeling with analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability. Experience with time-series analysis would be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in applying machine learning to real-world problems.
- Must have delivered data science components as part of a commercial solution at scale.
- Familiarity with software development cycles, source control systems (including Git), databases, and cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
- Knowledge of large equipment manufacturing, installed base sales, recurring revenue, and equipment service would be a plus.