Director of Marketing
Sales | Palo Alto, CA
The Director of Marketing will be the first marketing professional at Entytle, the Palo Alto based company that is delivering the first o platform dedicated to revenue growth through Aftermarket Engagement. This role requires a “T=shaped” marketer who will be responsible for development and execution of all marketing activities and programs including development of sales enablement materials, website content for the company customer-facing events and demand generation activities. This position will work closely with the CEO, VP of Sales and VP of Product Management to build awareness and consideration for the company and its products.
- Plans and directs all marketing activities to current and future client base which consists of B2B equipment manufacturers.
- Develops and executes comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization. Consults with management and sales to develop and implement marketing programs and promotions. Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Incorporates agreed-to messaging platform into all marketing deliverables targeted at customers, prospects, media, industry analysts, and investors and drives these messages through all communication channels to further the company’s sales objectives. Ensures that the company’s overall mission, corporate objectives and key messages are communicated accurately, effectively and consistently to the market.
- Creates and edits content for online and off line sales enablement vehicles including but not limited to social channels including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, collateral, sales tools, website, press releases and presentations.
- Identifies events for company participation and works with key stakeholders for each event. Based on business goals, creates event plans that include success criteria, key messages, audience acquisition strategy, staffing approach, key milestones and budget.
- Develops and manages the full lifecycle of multi-touch demand generation campaigns including strategy, development, execution and measurement to support consistent, sustained and relevant pipeline support
- Works collaboratively with sales and product marketing to develop campaign messaging that is solution-oriented and focused on customer pain points and/or critical business issues and designed to effectively engage the target audiences
- Manages relationships with external agencies and contractors to ensure consistent articulation of company message and visual identity.
- Maintains great relationships with and provides support for sales, product management and exec team.
- Startup experience is a must, especially early stage companies
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in business-to-business marketing is required, with at least four in a leadership role. Cross-functional marketing experience in an environment that requires collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams including operations, business development and sales
- Experience managing and executing all aspects of integrated marketing programs; this includes website development, presentations, collateral production, branding, events and direct marketing
- Experience managing and executing multi-touch demand marketing campaigns and measuring their results.
- Experience with enterprise software, ERP or CRM and SaaS is a definite plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with good organization skills is a must. Must have the ability to manage complex relationships requiring leadership, technical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional teamwork skills with an ability to overcome obstacles to consistently achieve results on time and on budget
- Demonstrated experience in translating strategic action plans into practical, executable plans is essential.
Ability to lead cross-functional teams and change through multiple levels of the organization is essential.
- Creative and progressive thinker. Detail oriented, with exceptional follow-through and superior organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Internal/External relationships: Works directly with internal team members and external agencies, and often clients, prospects and partners as well.