Effective Date: 10/10/2018
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect about you and how we use that information.
(a) TRAFFIC DATA COLLECTED
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) device information; and (4) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not, by itself, personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our Site, including collecting Traffic Data. We use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests, and to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site. You can set some browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of the Site may not function properly.
(b) PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order for you to access certain premium services and to purchase products that we offer via the Site, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). The following are examples of categories of Personal Information that we collect and how we use that information:
- Contact Data such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address. We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you concerning normal business administration including products, services, and billing; and
- Preference Data such as feedback regarding products and services, including clicking the “select” button, ratings, reviews or comments. We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users, receiving and acting upon your feedback, and improving our products.
If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our blogs, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication will be collected. We collect additional information from customers who purchase goods and services under the terms of separate subscription or license agreements as provided under the terms of those agreements.
(c) OTHER SOURCES
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
2.2. USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
(a) COMPANY USE OF INFORMATION
We use Contact Data to send you information about our company or our products or services, or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary. We may send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. We use your Financial Data to verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services. We use your data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site, displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences.
In addition to the above, we use the information that we collect to:
- Provide our products and services to you, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Perform auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensure the technical functioning of our network;
- Develop new services: and
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you purchase products or services, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
(b) SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In some cases, we may use a third party provider to assist us in providing services and may share your information with them; any such provider will be contractually prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
We use data we collect from customers who purchase goods and services under the terms of separate subscription or license agreements as provided under the terms of those agreements.
If you decide to submit information on our blogs or other public forums, that information may be publically available
(c) USER CHOICE REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Not Providing Any Personal Information. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use some portions of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal Information.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Access To Your Personal Information. For information that we collect on our own behalf we will grant you, where required by law, reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients we will forward your request to that client and await instructions on whether access should be granted.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. You can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information be modified. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients we will forward your request to that client and await instructions on any changes that they believe are appropriate.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. We typically retain Personal Information that we collect on our own behalf for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Information, by contacting us at the address described below. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our clients we will forward your request to that client and await instructions from them on whether your information should be deleted.
- Revocation Of Consent or Objections. You may revoke consent to processing (where our processing is based upon consent), or object to our processing (where our processing is not based upon your consent) by contacting us at the address described below. If you revoke your consent / object we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent / object if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. If we are processing your information on behalf of one of our client we will forward a revocation of consent to that client and await instructions from them on whether the processing to your information should cease.
- California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS/WEBSITES AND PUBLIC INFORMATION
We also make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
5. TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
By submitting your Personal Information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Entytle Inc., 201 San Antonio Circle, Suite 290, Mountain View, CA 94040
- Phone number: 650-687-7293
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.